The Perfect Mascara: Mascara Layering | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

The Perfect Mascara: Mascara Layering


Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara and Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara,



You may of heard of a certain Miss Charlotte Tilburys claims that the perfect mascara doesn't exist, with a mixture of Chanel, Maybelline and Estee Lauder being the perfect combination (in that order). And I hate to jump on a bandwagon like this, but I completely agree. If a mascara offers volume, it lacks the length, and if it does offer length I am stuck with skinny eyelashes (Any other mascara claims don't interest me by the way). My answer? Something I have been doing for years bit didn't realise it was a 'thing', layering up my mascaras.

I start by voluming the lashes with the Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara. This is the perfect eyelash catcher as there are also bristles on the end of the wand, and I find this helps to 'hook' any annoying lashes. Its easy to coat and build up both the inner and outer lashes, without causing a mess, or more importantly not poking my eye out.

The Perfect Mascara: Mascara Layering
And then I'll add the length with Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara, as this really isn't one for volume. Its also wet, with a 'Hook ‘n’ Roll' wand that doesnt seem to do much for me on my bare lashes. Despite this, once dried, and mascara eyelid mess cleaned up, my lashes certainly grow longer (can't judge curliness) and more defined.

So while I can't quite take credit for this idea (if only), I know that layering up two, or more if you fancy, mascaras is the recipe for perfect eyelashes. 

Do you layer up your mascaras?






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: