My Quest For Perfect Skin: Spot Treatments | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

My Quest For Perfect Skin: Spot Treatments


My Quest For Perfect Skin: Spot Cures
 Cure for breakouts. Daily spot treatment. cure for breakouts, blackhead removal tool, overnight spot treatment, Freederm Treatment Gel,
Sudocream and Freederm

Clear skin is a must, if I don't my entire makeup just doesn't go right. I am not sure what is going on with my skin since I got out of my teens, but it seems to have a fair few breakouts, I am not impressed when I am 23 I can tell you. This have left me on my quest for both my holy grail spot treatments but also my perfect skin solution. And I have tried so many, but like most things just go back to what I know, so I have decided to show what products I use to cure breakouts, and hopefully prevent them.

Clean & Clear Cleansing Lotion | This is little bottle of blue liquid is pure gold in my eyes. It is suitable for sensitive skin like mine, but also really targets problem skin. This lotion does exactly that, by cleansing the skin gently but effectively to remove makeup build-up of oil, dirt and grease. It is so simple to use, you do not need to use water with it or anything other than a cotton pad to pour it onto. I am always amazed at the amount of dirt this removes...nice.

Freederm Treatment Gel |  I have expressed my love for this before, and nothing has changed. The minute I get a lovely little red spot appear on my face I just pop this on the spot and let it do its magic. Freederm contains 4% w/w Nicotinamide as the active ingredient. As far as I know, Nicotinamide is an anti-inflammatory agent. For a spot treatment to reduce redness, if nothing else, I can't recommend this enough.

Biore Pore Perfect Warming Blackhead Fighting Cream Wash |  I have been purchasing this wash for years, as it helps open up your pores to clean them out more effectively. Containing salicylic acid, a proven acne-fighting ingredient I have been told, this acts as a good blackhead removal tool. The particles  in the cream wash are rough enough to clean your skin but not rough enough to hurt. One tiny but, it smells like watermelon. Which I hate. Buts its not too strong so I can handle it. 

Montagne Jeunesse Amore Rose Masque | There is only one way to describe this masque...Turkish Delight in face mask form. I am aware this particular one is made for darker skin tones, but I love the scent. Plus for £1 I can't see it shifting my spots too much anyway, this was purely for pamper purposes. Montagne Jeunesse actually do not test on animals and are vegetarian friendly, so I am practically helping the environment really.

Sudocream |  Last, and arguably my favourite, is Sudocrem. Someone only has to ask on Twitter for a decent overnight spot treatment and I won't be far away expressing my love for Sudocream, and well, just how it cures everything. This tub has beaten any expensive spot treatments I've tried, and it has yet to fail me, or my spots. I often apply this at nighttime when I can slap it on and forget I have white dollops all over my face...ahem...and when I wake in the morning my blemishes would of either of gone down and decreased in redness, or with a bit of luck, gone completely. Amazing. Did I mention just how much I love Sudocrem?


There are my five holy grail spot cures. What are you favourite spot treatments?




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: