Peony & Blush Suede the new Jo Malone London collection...a preview! | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

Peony & Blush Suede the new Jo Malone London collection...a preview!


summer Jo Malone London collection

Peony & Blush Suede the new Jo Malone London collection
New Jo Malone campaign. Now, why does my house not look like that?
Last week I had a very luxurious day thrown in between my daily chaos and got the chance to get a sneak preview of the new Jo Malone collection. I went to soak up the scent and generally be nosey at boutique in Tunbridge Wells. Seriously this new opening is such a bad idea for my purse, plus it is next to MAC and Benefit Cosmetics. I really have no hope do I?

Jo Malone London will be soon releasing their latest collection, the gorgeous Peony & Blush Suede, the collection will include 30 ml and 100 ml colognes, a 250 ml Body & Hand Wash, a 175 ml Body Crème, and a 200 g Home Candle. All of which will be coming out this September. The Peony & Blush Suede Collection was created by Jo Malone’s Master Perfumer Christine Nagel and was inspired by 1940s high glamour and aimed to bridge the gap between couture and cologne, anything with a touch a glamour is a winner! This instantly reminds me of Downtown Abbey and The Great Gatsby, yes I know technically the wrong era but you get my drift.

Peony & Blush Suede the new Jo Malone London collection

Peony & Blush Suede the new Jo Malone London collection

Peony & Blush Suede the new Jo Malone London collection


Now the important part, the scent itself! Firstly, red apple for a crisp, fruity top note which is described as ‘a crisp mouthwatering accord opening the fragrance with a fruity twist’ and then suede as a base. Suede? Yes you did read that right! This unusual ingredient, and one I have never come across before in scent, really does work. Just go and have a sniff if your still unsure! The resulting scent is one that’s quite powerfully floral but has a sharp bite, initially, and something deeper and slightly more musky as the perfume settles down onto the skin with the suede powering through. I seriously love this, I am normally fussy with my perfumes and end up with sticking to same but this has actually replaced my Chanel fragrance, tough job but I can't praise this scent enough.

Jo Malone is actually famous for their scent pairing unknown to me, meaning you can pair up their scents to your liking, I was introduced to three delicious combinations that change the dynamics of each fragrance, it was just like having a totally new bottle of fragrance. Peony & Blush Suede paired with English Pear & Freesia, the scent becomes more delicate and soft, and very sensual. The suede becomes less apparent and the entire scent lift.  I was in awe at this point that you can spray on two different scents and it really works. It is a bit like magic - perfume style! Moving onto a more citrus version, adding the Orange Blossom made the fragrance into a very summery, girly and well, orangey. But having the undertones from the original scent gives this a luxurious twist with a bit more depth.

Lastly I tried a bit of a heavier combination, Peony & Blush Suede with the Saffron Cologne Intense. This is much more an evening scent, being more deep and sexy as the saffron kicks in. Peony & Blush Suede does add a delicate side to the intense peppered intense cologne. To be honest this pairing is a tad too much for my girly tastes, but I can tell those of you like a heavy perfume will completely fall in love with this, the vivid notes of the saffron really give this a scent you wouldn't of smelt before. I will never be the best person to judge heavy scents though as I am floral girl through and through.

The Peony & Blush Suede collection is available from Monday 2nd September, so not that long of a wait. And I think if like me, you haven't had the chance either to try or buy a Jo Malone cologne yet this will be the perfect introduction to Jo Malone and a lifetime addiction.

Have you tried Jo Malone before? 


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: