Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick


Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick Review
Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick
The Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick is a new addition that I just couldn't resist picking up. Not sure why if I am honest, I don't like their 'Fit Me' range, nor do I suffer from skin shine but hey ho I brought this anyway. When I got this home I actually found out Maybelline used to sell a foundation stick in the 90's that got discontinued, does anyone remember this? I was a tad too young for makeup then being a 90's baby but I would about it.

I did notice however this was only available in 3 shades...that needs to change Maybelline but maybe being a new product more colours will come out in the near future! I checked out the website were it said 6 shades were available but...in the Superdrug and the two Boots I stopped there was no more than 3. So I picked myself up the Ivory shade, the only one for pale skin. The medium was awfully dark, and a tad orange.

The packaging is very basic and in keeping with the whole 'Fit Me' range, nothing fancy or exciting to talk about, but it is very lightweight and compact so perfect for a handbag addition. Being shine free this is foundation stick designed for those who suffer with a oily t-zone whilst providing a light coverage, and this unique selling factor that Maybelline have added is the anti-shine core, which you can see is a clear formula designed, well to stop shine. This also has a matte finish which is the one factor I will always like with Maybelline foundations. The anti-shine core reminds me of the Benefit 15 hour primer with that very similar primer centre. 

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick Swatch

Onto the formula itself, and this surprisingly gives a very creamy application which was almost like a gel, and glides on very easily. I started by just trying this on my cheeks but ended up applying it all over my face as the coverage is very build-able, while staying lightweight and I really like the powder soft finish. But by no means is it a dry cakey matte, but can only be described as a dewy matte finish, if there is such a thing. And for further praise this stayed put all day and after about 4 hours I needed to do some touch ups. I must admit I was surprised by how much I like this, even if it could be further than the foundations I normally go for, and think this is the best product from the 'Fit Me' range. My only gripe is the price, currently £8.99 and for me it seems rather expensive for what it is, considering it is only a lightweight, drugstore product. Or am I just being grumpy and tight. Anyway I'll just be waiting for some more colour choices now Maybelline.


Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick - £8.99

Have you tried Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick?




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: