The Face Contrast | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

The Face Contrast


Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation, Makeup Revolution Blush Palette in All About Bronze makeup Flat lay

Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation, Makeup Revolution Blush Palette in All About Bronze

It appears I have contrasting standards with what I put on my face. Admittedly being a bit of a makeup snob you'd think it would only be one end of the price spectrum in my makeup bag. While there is of course a lot of pricey items across my dressing table, there are a few items that cost less than my (daily) coffee. No joke. When I pair these two contrasts up, I have one face that is contrasting, yet balanced price wise.

For starters,the Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation is very Maybelline Dream Matte mousse-esque when you open it. What amazes me with the Creme Smooth is the excellent coverage yet it is stupidly lightweight. It honestly feels like I am wearing no makeup (mascara excluded), even a BB cream feels heavier than this.

To pair with the dreamy yet pricey pot? The Makeup Revolution Blush Palette in All About Bronze. The one Makeup Revolution item you need. All of these 8 shades are a range of matte, shimmer and merged baked blushers, and that includes two colours for contouring and highlighting. The palest colour luckily doesn't wash me out and still gives me a golden glow, while the darkest is still a very good contouring shade. Even for my pale face.


Are you the same? Do you have completely contrasting makeup items in your makeup bag?



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: